Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dev Blog 86 - Level 5 almost done

Level 5 has been re-cut, still in the process of re-implementing the Notes (adjusting their positions, adjusting MasterNotes for proper background transitions). This part is a little slow going since there are now 194 Notes (up from 113) with the new cut, making Level 5 our new record holder for highest amount of notes!

Once 5 is done I'll get started on 6, 8, & 10. About to leave for another meeting with my game designer professor Casper!

Update @ 9PM: Level 5 is finally done. Took forever, but it's done and much much better. I found 2 bugs while working on level 5, one was that some obstacles were throwing NullReferenceExceptions because I wasn't assigning the player character programmatically. The other was the last 10 obstacles' audio clips were double the volume of others, making them inconsistently loud.

I got a handful of awesome feedback from Casper today. I'm gunna switch gears for the rest of the night (to give my brain a light rest) and start implementing his feedback. I just don't have it in me to start re-cutting levels 6/8/10, I'll get to those tomorrow.

Update @ 1:15AM: Implemented most of Casper's feedback, will finish tomorrow. Bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment