Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dev Blog 94 - Release Day!

Today's the day, release! Running builds for Windows, Mac, and Linux now. Everything should be up and ready by 5PM!

Unfortunately it's looking like I'll have to push without the in-game shop completed. I just published one last effort to fix the problem, we'll see how that goes. I wrote all of the equip and unlock functionality last night, but I'm still running into the same issues.

Update 1 @ 2PM: Heh. So I may have fixed the equip bug (it's almost poetic how close to release this occurred). I'm going to go ahead with release and then continue working on the in-game shop. Pending the results of the push I just published, I may temporarily disable the store.

Update 2 @ 4PM: I did make some headway on the equip bug, I think that it's fixed. But some of the functionality for the skins appearing during play isn't there. I've temporarily disabled the skins and started running the release builds to get the game out there. I'll work on cosmetic skin functionality post-release. Didn't want to have to do it, but I simply didn't have enough time between when I actually received the skins and release to get all of the functionality implemented. Maybe if everything worked perfectly the first time it'd be done on time, but that almost never happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment