Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dev Blog 21 - Working on more levels, feedback

Today I added a bunch of new artwork and implemented basic levels for 15-20. One could say that all 20 levels are "done" in a sense, but I'm already planning to test these newly created levels and expect to be changing them quite a bit, to have a nice difficultly curve. I'm also keeping in mind the difficulty of solving the riddles themselves, so many of these levels aren't highly challenging to beat in terms of a platformer. Only the last 3 or so will be difficult both to solve and play.

Additionally I've been working on implementing feedback from my professor and friends. A few notable pieces of feedback were that certain levels were quite difficult to get past, some were too easy/boring. I'm working on adding more variety to the level gameplay to address these issues.

Update @ 10PM: I implemented a sideways flying obstacle to address the variety concerns. These obstacles, just like the falling ones, kill the player on impact. To avoid them the player needs to time jumps well, adding a slightly new gameplay mechanic. Dev screenshot below!




Update 2 @ 10:15PM: Also resized several backgrounds that weren't big enough to cover the whole level. Updated the Kongregate beta, here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/incendiaryindus/enigmatic

No comments:

Post a Comment