Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dev Blog 62 - Level 12

Chugging along implementing & designing Level 12. The song for this level, that BJ Derganc (over at Whizbang Studios) composed for us, is pretty radicall; it's dusteppy, fast paced, and awesome. I'm designing the level a little differently (in fact the quite opposite of the previous Level 11's design). It's all about falling and drops, to fit in with the theme of the song. Lookin' great so far!

Update 1 @ 9PM: Almost finished with level 12!!

I discovered and fixed a small bug cause by the last series of bug fixes. I had disabled movement upon death, which also occurred when Teli was supposed to be falling to his death. Now when the player falls off of a platform, they won't freeze and will properly continue to fall.

Additionally, because I was designing level 12 to have lots of drops and falls, I had to add some additional code so Teli wouldn't die when he got to the lower parts of the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment