Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dev Blog 75 - Bi-weekly Meeting, SoundCloud

Had another meeting with my game professor to go over progress and get more feedback! Some really useful notes worth mentioning are:
  • Gravity is floaty - a piece of feedback I've gotten often
  • Add double jump or hold jump for bigger jump
  • Punch animation isn't strongly visible/conveys sense of punching
  • Leveraging the awesome original music tracks (arguably the stronger points of the game) to market it
I think that making the player character fall harder/faster would be good, and adding a double jump would improve gameplay. Some things, such as the punching animation, aren't in my wheelhouse and not something I can address without an artist. Rather than edit the animation itself, I might try adding in a pow! text when the player punches obstacles, or maybe have some texture like an outline of an explosion appear.

That last piece in the list is definitely a must-do, which I've jumped on already. We have all this awesome music, why not get it out there? I've gone ahead and created a SoundCloud account for Incendiary Industries, and will upload the tracks to YouTube and Spotify as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment