Friday, April 18, 2014

Dev Blog 71 - New features, fixes

Today I implemented screenshot functionality, as well as keyboard support for menu navigation. I also added an additional checkpoint to level 15, noticed during playtesting last night there weren't enough.

I've got a plethora of playtester feedback to implement, which I'll be working on throughout the weekend. It's hard to discern which feedback is useful and worth implementing, and what to ignore. For example, the most common piece of feedback I've gotten is that obstacles are too similar to props and level platforms, and thus hard to avoid. This will for sure be addressed! On the flip side, I've gotten complaints about the gravity, how it's too "floaty" and unrealistic. This I might skip over because well, it's a platformer game where you're running on the rooftops of a post-apocalyptic world where color hasn't existed in hundreds of years. Why realistic gravity is an expectation is beyond me.

Anywho, I've been looking into implementing in-app purchases. Soomla looks like a great open-source plug-in (and cross-platform) solution - will be working on getting that implemented as well so we can sell cosmetic skins for Teli and give the game away for free. In case we don't get cosmetic items implemented in a timely manner, the game will otherwise be $0.99 to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment