Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dev Blog 19 - Snow Day!

Snow day! Boston is getting 6-8 inches, and it's the perfect kind for making snowballs~~~!!!! I helped introduce my friend's kitty "Frozone" to snow for the 1st time - he was very confused and cold!

Anyway, back to business - today I became suspicious of the extra forward slash that had been added in front of the file paths on Android. I had applied a fix for this earlier (by removing one of the forward slashes if on Android) and now I'm thinking that could be causing an issue related to the mp3 import problem. I'm removing my earlier fix and seeing if that changes any results or debug output.

In the meantime I'm also knocking out some more low priority issues (updating end of level credits, and increasing the file browser text another 10% or so).

Update: No visible changes from removing forward slash fix, re-applied it

Update 2 11:20PM: Using wwwData.bytes.Length.ToString(); I was able to discover that when normally imported a song would have something like 500,000 bytes, but when run on the Android has zero. This means that the song isn't even downloading properly, which could be the real source of the mp3 import issues. It may have something to do with the forward slashes, but I don't think that's the root issue. Working on discovering the real source of the problem on Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment