Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dev Blog 33 - Level 6, Small Fixes, YouTube video

Hi there! Today I implemented the music track "nice_6" into a sixth level using the automation tools I wrote last week. I had some trouble remembering how many tools I wrote and how to use all of them, so I wrote up a step by step process (for both myself and others to use). The tools helped a lot; once I was done cutting the song in FL studio I was able to get a working level in 5 minutes flat - something that would have taken hours for a 4 minute song.

Today I also fixed some smaller issues, such as locking the game to horizontal (landscape) for mobile. The game is significantly more challenging in portrait, and the navigation menus are nearly unusable. I also worked on making the "swipe to pause" functionality less sensitive on mobile. It's becoming quite an issue, I might implement a different method to pause the game.

Lastly, Andre wanted to see one of the levels that his music was featured in. He didn't have an Android device, so he requested a YouTube video instead. I figured this would be a great time to start spreading the word about Chromacore anyways, so I recorded a video of the alpha gameplay featuring his music and posted it here! I also created social media pages for Google+, Reddit, & Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment