Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dev Blog 35 - Feeling Better

Feeling better today, not 100% though been tired and wiped out all day. Today I worked on the pause sensitivity issue; although the swipe changes I implemented did reduce the sensitivity, there were still accidental pauses every so often. So I changed the pause mechanic for mobile to be 3 fingers on screen instead of swipe to pause. This should alleviate a lot of the accidental pauses, if not eliminate them.

I also changed the joystick mobile inputs, A is now jump, X is now punch, B is now pause.

Lastly, I added another tutorial billboard to explain the pause mechanic, and I tweaked the position of some billboards so they show up better on mobile.

Update: Also did some recoloring on the obstacles to differentiate them from the props; one of the most common pieces of feedback I've received is that props are mistaken for obstacles. After trying out a few different colors, nothing really looked quite right, since the black boxes fits in with the art style so well. I finally went with adding a simple red line around the edge of the obstacles, to make it pop out and differentiate it from background props. I'll see how others interpret that, if it's not enough of a change to differentiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment