Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dev Blog 36

Today I fixed a pesky pause issue that I had inadvertently introduced earlier. I was trying to setup joystick support for pausing (specifically, pressing the "B" button on gamepad to pause) and I had introduced a bug that wouldn't allow the game to be resumed. After realizing this, it was a straightforward fix.

Additionally, I started going through levels 1 through 6 to improve the level design, timing, and overall quality. By the end of the weekend I hope to have these levels ready to publish (pending feedback from user testing of course).

I've also noticed that some Note pick-ups have been dominated by the background track, so I also added listener child to the camera and moved it closer to the player character. This way, I didn't have to move the camera itself closer, and still essentially increased the volume of Notes. However, to prevent the background track from being reduced in volume I had to also attach it to the listener child. So I had to refactor a few lines of code in 4 or 5 scripts to look for the child object of the camera instead of the camera itself. Now Notes sound much more like part of the song.

As per my professor's suggestion, this week I will start user testing on a larger scale (asking friends, family to play and give feedback). I've gotten great feedback from key individuals (my professor, one or two friends) but I now need to move to a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment