Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dev Blog 51 - Open Beta Update

So last night I split the application up into APK Expansion Files (since it broke the 50MB Google Play limit). Using Expansion files is a little tricky and there doesn't seem to be a wealth of information on it. I gave it a crack but got a static blue screen when I tried running it on a friends mobile device. Gunna work on nixing this issue and releasing the beta all day.

Update 1 @ 1PM: Ha! What a silly mistake: The script I'm using to download the APK Expansion files once the game is launched was never actually attached in-game and thus never ran, which is why I just got a blank blue screen (the default color of empty Unity scenes). Just pushed to alpha to see if that's fixed it.

Update 2 @ 1:50PM: While I'm waiting for the v1.33 to show up on Google Play, I've implemented new background art for Level 3 and working on balancing difficulty for Level 10. About to go do another gameplay recording for Level 10 to show off the sexy new artwork, but I'm only gunna show the first 2 minutes of the 8 minute level. Gotta leave something to be desired of course!

Update 3 @ 10:30PM: Tried a few different solutions, but the APK Expansion Files are still giving me trouble. Thus the open beta will have to be delayed until I work out the APK Expansion issues. In the mean time I uploaded a new gameplay video for Level 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment