Friday, March 21, 2014

Dev Blog 49 - Level 10, Recruitment

Working on designing and finishing up Level 10 today!!!

An update on the team recruitment: I'm meeting with one of the musicians for coffee next week, I think most of the work he creates will be used for expansion packs later down the line. The team is 3 will officially be on board Sunday when we sign a contract to work together, though they've already started working. Not sure where I stand on the last musician, haven't heard back from him in a bit. That's probably a good thing since I'm giving away a lot of 5% rev shares, I'm retaining a little above 50% of the revenue now and I want to stay there.

Our single artist has also started churning out level backgrounds, they actually look really beautiful and fit the theme quite well. I'm very happy with where he's going with it! As always updates to come throughout the day =)

Update 1 @ 4PM: Added one of the new background to Level 10, it looks amazing!

Update 2 @ 6PM: Assigned Notes to their proper backgrounds for correct color transitions. Looks BEAUTIFUL with the new background.

Update 3 @ 8:30PM: Working on the Level Design, Level 10 didn't need much fine tuning. Roughly 25% done, should finish tonight/early tomorrow. I'm thinking open beta will be released tomorrow night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment