Monday, March 3, 2014

Dev Blog 37 - Polish

Yesterday I recorded another alpha gameplay video of Level 2, with music created and composed by yours truly! I recorded it twice actually; the first time I didn't notice that the framerate dropped off dramatically 20 seconds into the recording, leaving the rest of the video with piss poor FPS. The second time I tried a few different screen cap programs before getting a much better framerate. The re-upload looks much smoother and cleaner, very happy with the results.

Both yesterday and today I spent more time polishing levels 4, 5, and 6. These latter levels have much longer tracks and thus more content to go over, so it's taking a while. Will be spending the rest of the night trying to wrap these up.

Update @ 11:58PM: Level 5 is taking a lot of work, which is unsurprising given it's the longest level (over 8 mins). I'm trying to be extra creative with the level design to keep the player engaged for all 8 minutes and avoid monotonous play. I also fixed a small pause bug that was specific to Level 5. I'm predicting all of tomorrow will be taken up by finishing Level 5 and starting 6, I might work on some bug tickets throughout the day as a change of pace. Bedtime for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment