Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dev Blog 53 - Open Beta, Respawn

OPEN BETA IS OUT! I've already discovered 2 issues and just published a fix for them, should be out shortly.

Today I'll fiddle around with the APK issues, maybe write my own APK code scratch and see if that works better. It seems as though a lot of people are saying the Google Play APK Plug-in written by Unity doesn't work anymore in Unity 4.0+, so it might be worthwhile writing something myself. I'm astounded there isn't a wealth of resources on this topic though, or that someone hasn't fixed the plug-in or written a new/better one. This seems like an issue that a LOT of developers would run into.

Additionally I'll be working on redoing the respawn mechanic, I've designed a few great ideas for it.

Update 1 @ 4PM: Added Chromacore beta to Desura to get the PC/Mac/Linux builds out there as well! Waiting for the admins to authorize it, will add links soon.

Chromacore

Update 2 @ 6:30PM: Thanks to feedback from a beta tester, I fixed some checkpoints causing infinite deaths by respawning player underneath level platforms. Also touch input is now disabled in lower quarter of screen, and only works in top 3/4 of screen. This is to avoid Punch and Pause GUI buttons from triggering unneeded Jumps.

Update 3 @ 11PM: Jump animation was still being triggered by Pause GUI button, fixed that. Also fixed up Credits screen to improve visibility on mobile. Also got word back from Desura, they said they have a huge backlog and it'd take a few days to process.

No comments:

Post a Comment