Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dev Blog 48 - Laundry, Level 10, Recruiting

It's laundry day!!! Just finished up folding all my clothes, it took forever. I'll be cutting and implementing level 10 all day, my goal is to simply finish it by the end of the day (which is a lofty goal since it's another 8 minute level).

In other news I've gotten a lot of responses from the IDG and /r/gameDevClassified postings. It's been mostly musicians/composers so far, and one artist (yay!). At this time I think I'm bringing 2 more musicians on-board, and potentially a pre-existing team of 3 musicians on-board for post-release development (making expansion packs, working on the 2nd gameplay mode). I'm still in talks with most of them so nothing is definite, but they all have great portfolios and seem very interested and supportive!

Update 1 @ 3:30PM: A minor set back - so my laptop crashed (which happens every so often) but every time I turned it back on it would crash again before I even got to the Windows login screen. Uh-oh. I went out and got some compressed air, disassembled my laptop, and cleaned it out as best I could. Seems to have solved the issue (because my laptop actually runs now without crashing). I ran some diagnostics to check the integrity of the computer, just to make sure I wasn't partially a software issue. Everything seems fine as far as I can tell. Sunk about 2.5 hours dealing with this, but my laptop seems to be running a little better now. Gunna steamroll ahead and continue working on Level 10!

Update 2 @ 5:30PM: About 75% done with cutting Level 10, soooo close!

Update 3 @ 8PM: Finally done cutting the music for Level 10, onto implementation!

Update 4 @ 1:30AM: Finished implementation of Notes, now all that's left is fine tuning the timing and designing the level challenges. Might take another full day to finish up, then I'll record a gameplay video or two and push out the public beta! ETA on the beta: Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment