Monday, February 17, 2014

Dev Blog 25 - Song reworks, tool improvements, bug fixes

Today I discovered and fixed a bug so Note pick-up no longer interrupts punching animation. Notes placed right in front of crates were causing unneeded deaths.

Additionally I reworked the songs for Level 2 and 3; there we a lot of timing issues with the way I cut up the song. The re-cut version sounds much better timed in-game!

However after reworking the songs and re-doing the timestamps, the automatic note placement tool wasn't quite robust enough to handle the changes in-editor (they worked fine once the game was played). This proved annoying to adequately do level design. I improved the automatic note placement tool by adding a "reset button" (boolean value) to the AutomaticNotePlacer.cs script so I can easily reset the notes in the editor if needed (useful when songs are reworked or timestamps change).

No comments:

Post a Comment