Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dev Blog 20 - Debugging

Today I once again combed through the Unity Answers and forum threads about mp3 importing for Android hoping to find something I missed or some new insight - no such luck. I added some more debugging code that might be able to tell me some more information about what isn't working properly, waiting on results.

In the meantime, I don't have any other issues to work on, but I do have the milestone goal of 5 stock levels due in 10 days, so I've begun work on additional levels for the time being.

Update: Good(ish) news! The debugging code I added actually gave me an error that helped! It threw a FileNotFoundException and listed the filename as "/ /sdcard/Downloads/burn.mp3" when it should be "file: //sdcard/Download/burn.mp3". This is quite peculiar since I had the filepath output to the debug text this entire time - this means that somewhere between when the filepath is recorded and given to WWW, it's modified or messed up in someway.

Update 2 @ 6pm: Spent all day creating a new music track and building a 2nd level. I intermittently played bug detective too, not much progress on the file path front though.

No comments:

Post a Comment