Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dev Blog 22 - Double Blog!

We're back in business! Hackbeanpot was fun, but now I'm back on Chromacore. Forgot to do a blog yesterday, so here's a double whammy blog today:

I worked on another music track, one that's more mellow and slow. I spoke with Korbin about the timestamp issues I was having, and from what I described to him he thinks I'm time-stamping the song properly. I sent him the .FLP files for the song I created so he can take a look for himself.

In the meantime I've looked through /r/GameDevClassifieds for any musicians that want their work in games. There I found a cool guy with some great music tracks willing to give his songs away for free so long as I share the wealth if I make any money off of Chromacore. I'm now working with /u/ioncehadsexinapool to select some his tracks I think are suitable for Chromacore and get the stem files so I can chop them up (properly).

Ronny and I have a working session tomorrow (Wednesday) so we can jointly work on an mp3 analyses algorithm in Unity. He has one working in Java so (hopefully) this will mostly involve C# to Java translation.
I wrote some code to setup a skeleton for tomorrow's work session. The way I envision this working is LoadingScreen.cs will handle importing the mp3 file, and then invoke another script AudioAnalysis.cs that will handle all of the information gathering. Once that is done, AudioAnalysis will invoke another script LevelGeneration.cs that will handle the creation of the level based on the information passed to it by AudioAnalysis. Once completed, it will call back to LoadingScreen.cs to tell it the level is ready, and then the game will proceed to the generated level.

No comments:

Post a Comment