Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dev Blog 24 - More stock levels!

Today I did the level design for 2 stock levels, one with my song and one with /u/ioncehadsexinapool's track titled "ALSO heard this before". I very much like how his music works with Chromacore's gameplay.

With my song, I tried implementing a section of the level where gravity was reversed. This proved much more complex than I anticipated, so I put a pin in it for now.

As of right now I'm focusing on generating game content, i.e. creating more stock levels. I will probably revisit the gravity reversal at a later time, but new game mechanics isn't something I need to worry about right now.

The working session with Ronny went okay - we didn't actually implement anything, but tried 4 methods of mp3 analysis (none of which worked). After trying to debug for a while, I handed this off to Ronny entirely so I could focus on the task at hand. Right now the 2nd gameplay mode is on the back burner for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment