Monday, February 24, 2014

Dev Blog 32 - More automation, another level

Instead of writing a separate tool, today I added y position support to AutomaticNotePlacer.cs.
Now, for each Note, a ray is cast in the downward y direction and checks the proximity of Notes to level platforms. If the distance is above or below certain thresholds, the Note's y position is adjusted accordingly.
I thought for quite a while about what to do for Notes that aren't above any platforms. I considered checking the position of the previous Note that is above a platform and setting the position to that. I considered setting the position to some default value. I considered simply doing nothing and leaving it wherever it is. However in the end I decided that if a Note is not above any platforms and above a certain threshold, it is flagged for manual attention with Debug.LogError(), and then I'll go adjust it myself.
Today I also cut up the music track for another lever, using Andre's (/u/ioncehadsexinapool) music track "nice_6".
Lastly, I create a Google Group so that I can give specific people (such as Casper, Andre, and others) access to the alpha build on Google Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment